Thursday, October 2, 2008

You want us to do what?!?

The first thing I did after I picked my jaw off the floor was started to pray. We began to ask God for very specific leading. The first request was that someone needed to tell us that this was something they thought we could do. The catch was that we weren't going to say anything to anyone. What can I say, I believe in asking, and both my husband & I needed VERY specific direction. Hey, this is a major life move!! So out of the clear blue, a friend told us his pastor had said that he could see us running a camp ministry in the near future!! Ok, God, maybe...but I think we need a little more confirmation. My daughter has been in New Port Richey all her life. Show us that she'll be Ok with moving. In June, after Jr. Camp, Mylanie pips up, "Mommy, I could just live at camp all the time!" WOW!! Do you have goosebumps, yet? Just hold on, it get better!! We still weren't 100% sure. (OK, we're a little slow!) And the Bible does say, "In the multitude of counselors, there is safety." So we called a close pastor friend in North Carolina. Bro. Billy has been a mentor to my husband for a very long time. Tim simply asked Bro. Billy if we could stop by on our vacation in July and talk to him about something. That's all my husband said. Bro. Billy said, "Sure. And while you are up here I want to look at a camp that's for sale. I think you should look into it." That was all the confirmation we needed. Stillwater Ministry has begun. You can check out our ministry website (if you haven't already) at www.stillwaterministry.com

2 comments:

Pastor Al Carlisle said...

Found your Blog. Very good, I'll at to fbcpr website. God bless.
Bro Al CArlisle

visit my blog: http://fbcpralsblog.blogspot.com/

Pastor Al Carlisle said...

Very Good. I will add to FBCPR website
God Bless
Bro. Al Carlisle

visit my blog
http://fbcpralsblog.blogspot.com/