Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

I have been blessed in my life to have 2 dads. First my Daddy, David Lechner:) I won't tell you how long I've known him; I don't want him to feel old, but I can say I've known him all my life!! He's been my dad all my life, I know that sounds funny, too, but what I'm saying is that there's never been a time that he hasn't been there for me. He's taught me about money, how to love my family unconditionally, to love math:) The most important thing about my did is that no matter how old I get, I know that I can sit on his lap for a hug. I love you, Daddy!!

My second dad, I only knew for about 15 years. He's my father-in-law, Bobby Boone. I have never been a daughter-in-law, only and always a daughter. He was a teacher without a classroom. He taught on the chalkboard of life. He gave me the best thing in my life, my wonderful and loving husband. Today we miss him terribly.

So, I think I'll go find my Daddy and get another hug. If you can find your Daddy, I think you should too!!

No comments: